March 4, 2013

E 'una bella vita...

Before I ever heard the term bucket list I had one; I just didn't know there was a name for it.

My list has evolved over the years but one thing has never changed; it has always involved travel.

I've been blessed to see some amazing places over the past few years and have checked several destinations off the list.

My dream of seeing NYC has come true not only once but three times. 

I've seen the California wine country and some breath-taking Mexican beaches.

I've traveled the streets of San Francisco and done the Duval crawl in Key West, Florida.

I've marveled over snow-capped mountains in the US Pacific Northwest and the Canadian city of Vancouver BC.

I've seen twenty-two of the fifty United States.  My bucket list includes seeing them all.  I'm almost half way there.

At the top of my travel list has always been Italy, and in a dream come true, The Señor and I will be touring the Italian countryside in just a few short weeks.

I don't believe I've never been as excited about anything!

I've been trying to master a few phrases in Italiano, studying maps and brushing up on a little history.

We look forward to touring Italy's nooks and crannies while partaking of each regions food and wine.

We will tour museums, the Vatican and take a gondola ride.

We'll toss pennies in fountains, eat gelato and spend time hanging around piazzas simply watching the world go by.  After all, Questo è il modo di vivere italiano and E 'una bella vita!

Until next time, arrivederci!

No comments: