October 3, 2014

Lobstah...

The Señor and I were invited to spend a few days in Bar Harbor Maine with dear friends and their precious kiddos last summer.  I had been on a day trip to the southern part of Maine several years before and fell in love with it.  I couldn't wait to get back and see more.

Anyone who knows me knows I have always been a beach lover; however, after a few summer days in Maine my loyalties strayed. The combination of perfect temperatures and lush vegetation makes for pretty-as-a-picture moments at every turn.  July temperatures range from highs in the mid 70's to lows in the upper 50's. Not too hot. Not too cold. Just right.

And if that's not enough to make you dream of being a wannabe "Mainer" consider (as the locals say) the lobstah.  My goal on this trip was to eat the lobstah at least once a day .  If I recall correctly this guy cost me less than twenty bucks when it was all said and done.  Unheard of in Dallas Texas.


Prior to the trip I researched and mapped what some of the more well known food writers claim to be the Best Lobster Shacks on the East Coast.  There were seven on the list.  I hoped The Señor and I might hit a few as we made our way from BOS to Bar Harbor and back.

As luck would have it our first stop was number seven on the list, Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier, Kittery Point, Maine.
  



How I ended up without a picture of a Lobster Roll from this pretty little spot is beyond me but for some reason or another I don't have one.  The roll was very good but watching the lobster boats go up and down the river from the dock while taking in the crisp cool air was the highlight for me.

After leaving there we drove on to the cabin where we had a perfect nights sleep in a cozy bed with the windows open and the crickets chirping.  My kind of camping!

The following day we headed in to town for birthday girl Mattie Mae's favorite brunch spot, Two Cats.  I'll just go ahead and tell you, if you find yourself in Bar Harbor Maine, Two Cat's is must!



Yes, it's Lobster Eggs Benedict (remember my goal!).


Some random shots from around Bar Harbor...








Our days with the Pierce family were perfect.  We spent glorious days taking in the scenery, eating delicious food and enjoying the climate.  We spent lovely evenings on the deck drinking wine, watching shooting stars and feeling the stress fall off.  

Next stop Kennebunkport Maine but first; how about a lobster roll?


1 comment:

Linette said...

Omg what a beautiful place to be hanging out at I just love it so much to see and try even, looks like you had an awesome time and am looking forward to seeing more of your adventures. =0)

http://marieflutterby.blogspot.ca/