February 19, 2012

The Best ________ I Ever Ate...

After watching several hours of the Food Network today I decided to put together my very own version of The Best ______ I Ever Ate. Without further ado, here we go...

Best Pizza: Pepperoni, Coal Vines - Southlake, Tx

Best Fried Chicken: Mrs. Allen's Family Style Meals - Sweetwater, Tx

Best Tex-Mex: Mexican Plate, Franco's Cafe - San Angelo, Tx

Best Steak: Filet Mignon, Papa Brothers Steakhouse - Dallas, Tx

Best Street Tacos: Tacos al Pastor, Carboncitas - Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico

Best Chinese: Sweet and Sour Shrimp, China Garden - San Angelo, Tx

Best Breakfast: Salmon Eggs Benedict, The Over Easy Cafe - Sanibel Island, Florida

Best Seafood: Grilled Lobster Tail, La Playa Beach Club - X-pu Ha, Quintana Roo, Mexico

Best Cajun Meal: Barbecued Shrimp - Pascal's Manale, New Orleans, La

Best Chicken Fried Steak: It is a tie between Mary's Cafe - Strawn, Tx and my Mom's - Sweetwater, Tx

Best Country Gravy: My Mom's - Sweetwater, Tx

Best Mac and Cheese: Adult Mac and Cheese, Kenny's Grill - Addison, Tx

Best Sandwich: Pugs and Kellys Totally Wicked - Weinberger's Deli, Grapevine, Tx

Best Oysters on the Half Shell: Another tie - Felix, New Orleans, La and Grand Central Oyster Bar, Manhattan, NY

Best Spaghetti and Meatballs: The Senor's, Grapevine, Tx

Best Burger: Dirty Love Burger, The Love Shack - Ft Worth, Tx

Best Gumbo, Prejeans Booth- Jazz Fest, Pheasant, Quail and Andouille Gumbo, New Orleans, La

Pasta with Pink Vodka Sauce, Classic Cafe - Grapevine, Tx

Top 5 Best Random Bites:

Salmon Wellington, The Canary, VanCouver, BC
Thanksgiving Lunch, Can't remember the name of the now defunct restaurant!, Fredericksburg, Tx
Stuffed Eggplant, Pascal's Manale, New Orleans, La
Godiva Chocolate Cake, Morton's Steakhouse, Dallas, Tx
Radiatore Pasta with Smoked Salmon, Classic Cafe, Roanoke, Tx

Top Favorite Meal Of All Time:
My Moma's chicken fried steak or pan fried pork chops with squash, carrots, mashed potatoes, country gravy and rolls.

Yep, you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl!

1 comment:

Lolabees said...

I love this list-- especially since I love to pick favorites with my food! Obviously, I too am a big fan of the tacos al pastor. I'm heading to New Orleans soon, so it was fun to see which of your favorites from there made the list.