July 5, 2012

Cheaper Than Therapy...

Those hazy, lazy days of summer are upon us and, as for me, I've been laying low.

I've recovered from my bout with optic neuritis but as a result of that flare-up my doc decided it was time for a change in therapy. Bye-bye Avonex. Hello Rebif.

Life with Avonex was really pretty simple. A single injection given once a week by The Señor. It rarely hurt.

Rebif on the other hand seems to be a whole 'nutha animal. Three injections per week given by the Señor if he is available and by moi if he is traveling. Oh, and this stuff hurts-like-the-dickens every single time. After a little research I learned that the hurts-like-the-dickens part is just part of life with Rebif and that I can expect it from now on.

Subjecting myself to extreme pain three times a week is not/nor has ever been on my bucket list. For the record, I don't see me learning to like it. With that said, I am thankful to have access to the drug & thankful that it has proven to be very effective. I also know there are others who experience much worst pain on a daily basis every day of their life. I know I am very blessed.

However, those things said, I still don't have to like it.

So, dear reader, thanks for "listening" to my little pity party. I actually feel much better putting these thoughts in to words.

Writing...it's so much cheaper than therapy.

No comments: