August 24, 2012

Always At The Forefront...

It would seem from looking through my past few blog posts I have nothing but food on the brain.  Now that I think about it I guess that is true to some extent.  There is a lot of planning that goes in to eating healthy and tracking points.  Maybe once I have compiled a basic arsenal of recipes to fall back on food won't be so much at the forefront of my mind.  On the other hand food has always been at the forefront of my mind so why would I think that would change now?  Either way, I only share recipes I deem worthy of a share and this one from www.skinnytaste.com is no exception.

Week 3 = minus 6.1 pounds

Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes 
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: divide between 4 • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 169 • Fat: 5.5 g • Protein: 22.8 g • Carb: 4.9 g • Fiber: 1.2 g • Sugar: 1.7 g  


  • 8 chicken tenderloins, 16 oz total
  • 2 tsp butter
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour* (use rice flour if gluten free)
  • 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 12 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1/3 cup fat free chicken broth
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 200°. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge in flour. 

Heat a large skillet on medium heat; when hot add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil. Addchicken to the skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink. Set aside in a warm oven.

Add additional oil and butter to the skillet, then garlic and cook a few seconds; addmushrooms, salt and pepper stirring occasionally until golden, about 5 minutes.

Add wine, chicken broth, parsley; stir the pan with a wooden spoon breaking up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook a few more minutes or until the liquid reduces by half. Top the chicken with the mushroom sauce and serve.

*I only used 1 tbsp of flour and tossed the rest, so calculations were for 1 tbsp flour only.

1 comment:

Along These Lines ... said...

This looks good. Chicken and wine -you can't go wrong.