September 17, 2012

Happy Season Of The Pumpkin 2012...

As anyone who knows me knows, I love Fall.  I love the crisp air, I love the colors, I love the clothes and I LOVE Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Unfortunately Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte is not what one might call a "friendly choice" when counting Weight Watchers points.

So once again we ask, "what's a girl to do"?  Enter The Hungry Girl.  This chick rocks!  She took that yummy Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte (8 WWPlus Points for a 12 oz serving with 2% milk) and made it her own.  Introducing the HG's Hungry Spice Girl Pumpkin Latte (only 2 WWPlus Points for a 12 oz serving) and let me tell you - this is what a Pumpkin Spice Latte lovers dreams are made of!


Ingredients:
1 tbsp. sugar-free French vanilla powdered creamer (like the kind by Coffee-mate)
1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/4 tsp. pumpkin-pie spice, or more for topping
2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin (Libby's is the best)
1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk
1/4 cup Fat Free Reddi-whip

Directions:

Place powdered creamer, sweetener, coffee granules, and pumpkin pie spice in a tall microwave-safe mug or glass.  Add 3/4 cup very hot water and stir until creamer and coffee granules have dissolved.

Add pumpkin and stir until blended.  Add soy milk and mix well.  Microwave for 30-45 seconds, until hot.  Give it a stir, and top with Reddi-Whip.  Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice, if you like and enjoy!

***I did mine a little different.  I made a cup of coffee in my Keurig.  I then added the creamer, pumpkin-pie spice, Truvia, pumpkin and milk to the cup of coffee and mixed well.  After that I warmed it in the microwave until hot.  I left off the Reddi-whip and it was still yummy!

The Season Of The Pumpkin of officially under way!

No comments: