October 31, 2012

It's your right....



Unless you have been living under a rock you are all too well aware that the 2012 Election is underway.  Despite the negative ads, disgraceful mud-slinging and flat-out embarrassing behavior displayed by the Presidential candidates during the debates we still need to take full advantage of our right to vote.

Election Day is Tuesday November 6th; however, early voting is now available.  I like to take advantage of early voting.  It allows me to avoid the crowds and make certain nothing comes up to prevent me from voting by the first Tuesday in November.

I cast my ballot last week and left the polling location with my head held a little higher.  It feels good to know I live in a country where my vote counts (I'll refrain from sharing my opinion on the electoral college and it's terrifying ability to override the popular vote in some cases.)

I hope everyone who is registered to vote will get out and do so.  Make your voice heard. Take advantage of the right given to you as a US citizen. It is a right millions of people across the world can only dream of.

No comments: