October 5, 2014

I Left My Heart In...

I would like to visit Kennebunkport Maine and stay until I don't want to be there any more.  

The Señor says that would happen come the first winter but I'm not so sure.

Kennebunkport is part of a wonderful little area known as The Kennebunks.  

The Kennebunks consist of three small towns located in southern York County; Kennebunk, Kennebunkport and Arundel. 

They are bordered on the southeast by the Atlantic Ocean and the west by the state of New Hampshire.

All three are lovely but Kennebunkport (population 3,474) and its little fishing village of Cape Porpoise hold my heart. 

Kennebunkport is every bit as quaint as you might think.  

The streets are lined with lush lawns showcasing homes worthy of their own Coastal Living pictorial.

The Lower Village and Dock Square are filled with wonderful speciality shops that can occupy a shopper for hours on end.

The Señor and I stayed in a boutique hotel located in Dock Square; The Boathouse.


(I wish I could take credit for this photo but; alas, The Boathouse gets the credit.)

The Boathouse provides impeccable service.  We were never so surprised as when we pulled in to the valet and were told guests are assigned a personal parking space during their stay.  

The gentleman pointed out our spot; complete with a personalized sign, and explained it would remain assigned to us throughout our time there.  

No calling to have the car brought around.  

No searching for a parking spot.  

The space was steps from the entrance.  

What a way to make a first impression! 

The service; as well all as the room, were top-notch all the way.

Should one be so lucky they even offer temporary boat slips for guests who arrive by water.

Their restaurant, David's KPT, offers outside dining and features wonderful dishes local to the region.    

Did I mention Kennebunkport has beaches!  

We spent some time at Goose Beach and Mother's Beach which are located appropriately on Beach Avenue.  

Beaches in Maine are breathtaking and nothing like the deep sandy beaches in Texas or Mexico.  

The ground is flat and the sand much more packed.  It is also darker in color. 

Let me tell you, even in July that water is pretty dang chilly!



Directly across the street from this beach sits some of the most incredible homes I have ever seen.  I still have to wonder who lives or "summers" in one of these.



The next stop on this adventure is Cape Porpoise and a quick glimpse of Walker's Point; the summer home of President George HW and Barbara Bush.  I hope you'll join me.

3 comments:

Linette said...

Outstanding what beautiful places you venture off to and love the yellow craftsman house as well that home and the other could be guest houses for visitors out here they're called bed and breakfast houses.

Just Fluttering Around

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

HEAR YE! O HEAR YE!! This’ll help immensely on your journey Upstairs and, believe-you-me, why would you want anything else?? Why should you love our exploded plethora of produce which’ll plant the seeds for you to grow to great heights?? PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK:

Greetings, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most blatantly deluxe, incredibly incomprehensible, catch-22-excitotoxins, myriads of cogently-ironic-metaphors, sheer guhroovaliciousnessly-delicious-endorphin-rush with pleasure-beyond-measure (to boot), Ultra-Firepower-Idyllic-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE RIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES …with eXtra eXciting eXtroverts doing the most vivid, brazen conGREWnts: flawless as pearls from the Toyster Upstairs!!! Gain altitude, not attitude, and take front-row-seats, miss gorgeous, as the inexhaustible, irresistible intimacy shall blow-your-fragile-mind to peaces. Meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
-Our Lord to Saint Gertrude

erectile dysfunction said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.