December 1, 2009

Ours...

Thanksgiving has come and gone for another year.  Ours, like most American families, was packed with the three F's - Family, Football and Food!  It started Wednesday night and went full throttle until late Sunday morning and I loved every second of it.

Those of you who know the Senor and I know that we are all about family.  (A shared blood line is not always required to be a member of our family - but that's for another story on another day.)  Now, back to  Thanksgiving...

We were blessed to have the kids, the grand baby, the brothers, the sister-in-law (who I love as if she were truly my sister), my parents, my grandmother, the nieces (plus one boyfriend and a Morky!), the nephew, my Uncle and a bunch of awesome cousins!  At one point the scene in my kitchen resembled that of a Chinese fire drill - it was sheer chaos and I thought my heart might explode with joy!  The families mix and mingle as if they are one - it is a rarity and an oddity and it works perfectly!

So, another Thanksgiving is behind us and once again I give thanks for the blessing of family...

his...

plus

mine...

equals

ours...
  

2 comments:

Life Laugh Latte said...

Ours was Family, Food and Shopping. Love my husband for buying the 55 inch.
Charisse

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Family (blood or not) is where it's at. God, family and friends...that's what I'm thankful for. Every. Single. Day.
Love your blog. It's absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. You're welcome to come by and visit anytime. :)

Kristi, Hello...Is This On?
@TweetingMama