March 25, 2010

Now To Go Out And Do Something About It...

My friend BJ has this quote on her blog today (if you haven't checked her out, please do! http://sweetnothingsbj.blogspot.com/). 

These are words which inspire soul searching...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".  Edmund Burke

I need to consider these words...

To consider them the next time I turn my head from wrong-doing or read of human injustice or of the simple fact that more people die from drinking unsafe water than do from all forms of violence, including war. 

You see, I am as guilty as anyone of doing "nothing".  Life is so much more pleasant inside the "bubble" where I like to live.  The question is, do I want to live a life of "me, me, me" or do I want to leave a positive imprint on this world prior to making my exit?

I definitely know the answer...now to go out and do something about it.  

No comments: