Okay, the past few days I've been struggling a little bit. Crazy huh, considering it is my favorite time of year. Anyway, it happens to me from time to time and as I understand it it is healthy that I am willing and able to admit it. I'll go ahead and throw a little disclaimer in here while I'm at it though and tell you that this "funk" I'm in has not been brought on by anyone or thing in my life. I am blessed in all departments!
When old man gloomy comes to visit I put on my biggest praying hat and ask the good Lord to fill my heart with His peace. I also tend to try and dig up cheery little things to read but I hadn't gotten around to the "digging" part this time so this morning when I tripped going in to the laundry room and fell right in to a framed poster of "Life's Little Instructions" I got kind of tickled. I hadn't tried to dig anything up yet so I guess God kind of "tripped" me in to! Funny how He works, huh?!
Anyway, I know you've read them a millions times but a refresher course in "Life's Little Instructions" never hurt anyone. In fact, #26 is prodding me right now. I think I'll go call my Mother!
May God fill your heart with His peace today and always.
Life's Little Instructions
02. Always do your share and a little bit more.
03. A person never looks so tall as when he stoops to help another.
04. Smile when introducing yourself.
05. Have a firm hand shake.
06. Be the first person to say hello.
07. Always buy what little kids are selling.
08. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
09. Memorize your favorite poem.
10. Watch at least one sunrise and one sunset a year.
11. Remember people's birthdays. Not just your own.
12. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
13. When you say, "I love you", mean it.
14. When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.
15. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
16. Believe in love at first sight.
17. Use fresh herbs when cooking.
18. Never laugh at anyone's dreams.
19. Ask questions. It's not always about what you know, rather what you can find out!
20. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
21. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
22. Don't judge people by their relatives.
23. Talk slow but think quick.
24. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?".
25. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
26. Call your Mom! NOW
27. Laugh....A Lot!
28. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze, especially a stranger.
29. Take a plate of cookies to a new neighbor.
30. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
31. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
32. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
33. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
34. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in in your voice.
35. Marry someone you love to talk to. As you get older, conversational skills will be as important as any other.
36. Spend some time alone.
37. Open your arms to change.
38. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
39. Read more books and watch less TV.
40. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
41. Trust in God but lock your car.
42. A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.
43. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
44. Read between the lines.
45. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
46. Don't Litter.
47. Pray, there's immeasurable power in it.
48. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
49. Always respond to a compliment with a sincere and heartfelt "Thank You"!
50. Mind your own business.
51. Don't trust a person who doesn't close their eyes when you kiss them.
52. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
53. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
54. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
55. Learn the rules then break some.
56. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
1 day ago