September 15, 2009

A Rubber Boot By Any Other Name - Ahh, Galoshes!

When did the stylish pair of galoshes first make their debut? Perhaps they have been around quiet a while and I was just never exposed to them? You see, where I grew up there was no need for galoshes - it rarely rained.

However, it seems several pairs have come to my attention of late. Some I would even call cute and sassy.

I spent a few days in Beaufort, North Carolina over the summer and saw oodles of cute pairs while I was there. I guess when you live in a sea town - especially if you're fortunate enough to have a boat then a trusty pair of galoshes is a must. If said galoshes are stylish, chic, cute or downright spiffy then all the better.

Anyway, according to the latest DFW weather news we have received anywhere from 4 - 12 inches of rain in the past 5 days. Senor Reaves and I went out Sunday afternoon for a little "are you ready for some football" action and as my flip-flop clad feet stepped out of the car visions of a cute, dry pair of galoshes danced right in to my head.

So, I decided to share some of my favorite galoshes wishes with you. In fact, perhaps you too should consider a pair for your upcoming Fall and Winter wardrobe. After all, there is nothing like warm, toasty and stylish tootsies on a cold, wet day!









1 comment:

audreyk said...

I have some that are white with red daisies. I love them and was able to wear them in Tennesse. I also got to wear them a few days last week. Miss u/Luv u!...Audrey